Saturday, December 26, 2009

Written.

Basically whenever I tell my Mom a story about Rylan, she says, "You should write that down". At first I thought she just thought everything I wrote about him was cute, but then I realized she says it for EVERYTHING I tell her, not just the cute things. She also says it for the I'm-ready-to pull-my hair-out-AHHHHHHH! things.

Maybe she intends it to be a form of therapy, or maybe she wants a record of the successes of my motherhood (No, I did not strangle him when he emptied my dishwasher onto the floor, stripped my Christmas tree, and dumped out all of the laundry baskets in the same 5 minutes). Who knows. Anyway...she's right, I should have written it all down sooner, but here are a few...

For a while there, Rylan was calling Jesus "Uncle Jesus". I promise I didn't teach him that.

We made a Grateful Chain for Thanksgiving. I asked Rylan what he was grateful for and he said, "Bathroom fan, guest bathroom fan, green fan, white fan, ceiling fan, air conditioning." Rylan has a thing for fans.

After Alex left on his mission, Ry guy started calling this doll Baby Alex ("baby A-yix"). He would take him everywhere, change his diaper when I changed Evie's diaper, give him a bath by dunking him in the water barrel outside, give him rides on Rylan's firetruck (shoves the firetruck, Baby Alex goes flying off. "Oh! Saw-yee Baby Ayix") ,put him to bed in the cupboards (Good night Baby A-yix, I love you! SLAM!!), etc. etc.

Rylan calls baby Jesus' manger a carseat.

My mom also told me to write about the day he threw up three times, required round the clock breathing treatments, and pooped in the tub. It was a Sunday, so Trevor was gone from 6:30 to 5:30, and I was also feeding Evie every 2-3 hours. There. I wrote about the whole day. Because that's all I did.

He found my pincushion and stuffed the "pokies" into the gap between the piano keys and the wood in front of it. I guess the pins finally worked their way down because now I can play those notes again.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment